Many people find it attractive to support the Clubs through a gift of stock. When you contribute appreciated security that you have owned for more than one year to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Vergennes, you will receive a charitable income tax deduction for its full market value, and you will avoid any capital gains tax on the increase in value of the stock since you purchased it.
If your stock has been held long-term but has decreased in value, it may be more advantageous for you to sell the stock and give cash to the Clubs.
It is important that donors making a stock transfer notify the Club so that we are aware of the transaction and the desired use of your gift. Please contact the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Vergennes at (802) 870-7199 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When considering to donate, review our donation guidelines for items we accept and items we don't accept. If you have items you are looking to donate, contact the Director of Programs & Resource Development, Steven Maluenda; email@example.com.
Items we accept:
Electronic games and systems (Good condition)
Board Games (With all pieces)
Art Supplies (New)
Education Supplies (New)
Sports Equipment (Good Condition)
Foosball Table/Air Hockey Table
Television (with necessary controller/cords)
Items we don't accept:
Workout Equipment such as treadmills, weights, ellipticals, etc..
Household goods (beds, kitchenware)
You can transfer funds directly from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) to the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Vergennes.
- You must be 70 1/2 or older.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from your IRA account to the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Vergennes.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA, so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax donation.
- If you are 72 or older, the transfer funds count toward your annual Required Minimum Distribution.
- Contact your financial advisor to understand how current tax laws may apply to your individual circumstances.
Please let us know when you have initiated a transfer. Advance notifications help us ensure that we credit you for your gift and apply any program designations for your donation.